For 125 years, the New York Public Library has been an essential provider of educational programs and resources. We give New Yorkers the tools they need to succeed, including storytimes for young learners, creative spaces for teens, and English language classes and technology training for adults.
Learning Opportunities for All Ages at NYPL
Discover everything the Library has to offer lifelong learners of all ages. Plus, scroll down to find special highlights for early learners, kids, teens, adults—and educators!
Center for Educators & Schools
- Support for Educators & StudentsThe New York Public Library’s Center for Educators and Schools (CES) is devoted to making all of the Library’s resources accessible and useful for educators. You’ll find programs and services tailored for the educator community, such as book lists, credit-bearing workshops, special access to exhibitions, tips on teaching with primary source materials from our vast research collections, and much more.
- World Languages at the LibraryThe Library welcomes speakers and readers of a wide range of languages. We are committed to helping patrons of all ages navigate our free services and resources. Get a library card, learn about Library offerings, search the catalog, and more in select world languages. Plus, learn a new language for free with our language conversation groups and classes, Mango Languages, world language databases, and more.
More for Babies & Toddlers
- Babies & Toddlers at NYPLCome to your local branch and engage in a wide variety of free early childhood programs for babies, toddlers, and preschoolers.
- Free Family ProgramsJoin us in branches across the Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island for storytimes, art and play activities, and support for parents and caregivers.
- Download: Early Literacy ActivitiesDiscover activities in this booklet that will help develop important early literacy skills at your local library and at home.
- At-Home Play GuidesThe early literacy team at NYPL hopes you and your little ones have fun with these play recipes from our Early Education series: A Day of Play!
More for Kids
- Kids at NYPLJoin us at select branches for NYPL After School, get free homework help, boost your STEAM skills, find the best new reading recommendations, and more.
- Events for KidsThere’s something for everyone at the Library, including arts and crafts, trivia, book discussions, author talks, and STEAM activities! Join us today.
- STEAM Discovery KitsExplore robotics, astronomy, engineering, coding, and more using exciting tools, toys, and books at home. Check out a kit at a branch near you!
- Best Books for KidsOur expert librarians selected the year’s best books for kids. Check out over 130 titles for school-age readers.
More for Teens
- Teens at NYPLCalling all teens! The Library is here for you today and to help you prepare for the future. Learn more about our creative spaces, studios, and more.
- Enhanced Teen CentersHang out, get creative, and much more at our newly expanded and enhanced Teen Centers at locations across the Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island!
- College & Career PathwaysFind resources, individual counseling, college and career prep workshops, and programs to help you take the next big step.
- Best Books for TeensFind your new favorite reads with this collection of books curated by our expert librarians. Check out these outstanding titles in print, e-books, and more.
More for Adults
- Adults at NYPLDiscover writing groups, crafting activities, creative studios, and more at the Library.
- TechConnect: Classes & MoreFind technology classes online and in-person throughout the Bronx, Manhattan, and Staten Island.
- Career Services at NYPLFree virtual and in-person support including coaching, resume or cover letter writing, and career development.
- Free English ClassesStrengthen your communication skills in English with beginner, intermediate, and advanced classes.
More for Educators
- Educator Collection at NYPLDiscover a specially curated set of professional development books and instructional resources for teachers, librarians, and homeschooling parents.
- Teach with Primary SourcesExplore curricular materials, guides, and facilitated learning experiences inspired by our archival collections that you can easily integrate into your teaching.
- Events & WorkshopsFind a wide range of events and programs for educators, including credit-bearing professional development workshops, author talks, and more.
- Vibrant Voices: Books from Authors of ColorExplore titles that amplify and celebrate diverse voices, promote discussion, and expand understanding.
Sign Up for Our Newsletter
Stay connected with the latest happenings at the Library, including events, reading recommendations, and community resources. There’s something for everyone!Email Address (Required)Submit
These programs and initiatives are part of the Library’s Tisch Youth Education Programs, led by the Merryl and James Tisch Director of Branch Libraries and Education. Major support for educational programming is provided by Merryl H. and James S. Tisch.
Major support for children’s and young adult programming is provided by the Andreas C. Dracopoulos Family Endowment for Young Audiences.
Major support for youth education is provided by Arthur W. Koenig; the Stavros Niarchos Foundation (SNF); Mr. and Mrs. Timothy R. Barakett Endowment for Children’s and Young Adult Programs and Services; The Gottesman Fund; Mr. and Mrs. Evan R. Chesler; Robert A. and Elizabeth R. Jeffe Foundation; Michael ByungJu Kim and the MBK Educational Foundation; New York Life Foundation; Verizon Foundation; the Gray Foundation; and City’s First Readers, an initiative made possible with funding from the New York City Council.